A lease is a legal document that should not be signed without careful thought and the review of a legal expert. The lease must be read over carefully. Always seek legal advice before vacating or signing any legal contracts such as lease agreements.
Lease Services Include:
- Differences between commercial and residential leases
- Breaking leases
- Illegal dwellings
Prepare a list of points and/or concerns to discuss during your consultation with a contract attorney in NJ.
Pre-nuptial Agreement Consultations:
- Setting out each party's assets, debts, and property/possessions rights before the marriage.
- Settling the question of division of property and of spousal support in the event of marriage cessation.
- Ensuring your estate is dispersed according to your wishes upon your death.
- Protecting your wishes upon your death from additional claims by your spouse.
- Protecting the well-being of children from a previous marriage.
Commercial Distribution Agreements:
These typically bring a lot of problems to a business person. We offer a great deal of knowledge and experience in commercial distribution agreement review.
Buy Sell Agreements:
- The issues faced in drafting a buy-sell agreement are complex and difficult.
- What is the purpose of a buy-sell agreement?
- General buy-sell agreements:
- Agreements that only restrict the transfer of shares.
- Agreements that institute the value of shares for estate tax reasons.
- Many business owners work rigorous hours that turn into years trying to develop a successful business. But without an appropriately planned buy-sell agreement, the business may become worthless at the disability, retirement and/or death of a key owner. We examine key concepts in order to implement a buy-sell agreement.
You may want some high-level employees to sign a formal Employment Agreement (or they may ask for one). A well-drafted employment agreement addresses the following key issues:
- The job position/rank
- Whether the position can be changed by the employer
- The length of the agreement
- The salary, bonus, and incentives
- Whether the employee gets stock or stock options in the company (remember, the employee should typically earn these over time)
- When the employee can be terminated for good cause
- What is the good cause
- When the employee can be terminated without good cause and what severance payment will be due
- The employee's job responsibilities
- The employee's privacy obligations
- Where and how argument will be handled
Independent Contractor Agreements:
Independent contractor contracts are the usual strategy to getting on your feet. It’s always a better idea to have an attorney check even a detailed adaptable agreement or custom tailor one for you, to make sure it covers every possibility for your specific niche. If you have any doubts on a contract, ask an attorney to check it before you sign.
The laws vary from state to state, what may be a reasonable restriction in one state may be considered overreaching in another. A restrictive covenant must be tailored for the state in which it is being used because if not done so it may result in having a valueless and unenforceable covenant. The agreement has been tailored to the law of the state in which the employee actually works.
Sale/Purchase of Business:
Whether it is a business sale agreement or business purchase agreement, a contract is always written between two or more individuals for the purpose of buying or selling of a business.
We help you with the contracts and forms to successfully buy, sell, and appraise your business.
Please contact The Levine Law Firm if you have questions about any of the above contracts of your own.